Meet the Team
Renée E. Stein, Attorney at Law, has been representing Mason County residents, families, and businesses for over 10 years. Her practice mission is to listen carefully to our clients and provide services that meet their needs as effectively as possible. We are proud of our experienced and knowledgeable staff and appreciate our firm’s reputation in the community.
Renée is an attorney who has practiced in Mason County, Washington since 2010. Her work includes representation of clients with real property, probate, estate planning, family law, dissolution, and personal injury issues; non-profit associations and corporations, including owner associations; civil rights plaintiffs; and, other general matters.
Renée holds a bachelor’s degree in International Relations from Whittier College and received her law degree (JD) from Whittier College School of Law in 1988. She is a member of the American Bar Association and the Washington State Bar Association. Renée was admitted to the Court of International Trade in 1993 and is a licensed customs broker.
Renée has over thirty years of experience in international trade, customs compliance and foreign supply chain experience. Known globally as an expert in international trade, Renée brings that same level of expertise, dedication and knowledge to her legal practice.
Previous to her twelve year tenure at Microsoft, Renée was an attorney representing and providing legal counsel to companies and individuals in the Los Angeles and Greater Seattle Area.
Katie L. Edwards, Legal Assistant, has been with the Law Office of Renee E. Stein since 2011. She performs a variety of tasks to assist Renee, including,
- Investigate and gather the facts of a case
- Conduct research on relevant laws, regulations, and legal articles
- Organize and maintain documents in paper and electronic filing systems
- Gather and arrange evidence and other legal documents for attorney review and case preparation
- Draft correspondence and legal documents
- File exhibits, briefs, and other legal documents with the courts and opposing counsel
- Call clients, lawyers, witnesses and outside vendors to schedule meeting, interviews and depositions.
- Help Renee prepare for hearings, trails and meetings
- Manage and organize electronic client files
Katie is a Certified Notary Public, authorized to perform certain legal formalities, especially to draw up or certify contracts, deeds, and other documents for use in other jurisdictions.